Tuesday 27 March 2012

RESPONSIBILITY

Responsibility 

Now theres a word to be avoided, because if you accept responsibility for your actions, then you may have to face what society perceives as failure. 

Doing nothing does have the inherent 'safety' factor of waiting to be hit by life, but at least then you are a victim, and you didn't bring bad fortune on yourself. Or do you? Life has a lesson we all have to learn, and it's a very different lesson for each of us.

I was having an interesting conversation with a German hair dresser from Frankfurt the other day. Now one thing you should never do is take a workman or work-womans mind of the job, especially hairdressers, as a one sided conversation will end up with a similar hair cut.

The conversation was as you might expect phylispopical, however my interest is how people tend to stop asking questions that naturally ensue from a resolute opinion. For example the young lady was very spiritual, and felt life had a lesson to be learned. 
"What was that?" I enquired
"To learn to be better people." 
"Why?"I enquired?"
"So we can live life with more knowledge and experience!" she answered.
" What for?" I enquired. 
"So we can be better people!"
"To what end?" I enquired.
" So we can be better people in life!" she replied
"When I asked?" 
"When we have learned how to be better people?"
"What for?" I enquired risking the loss of an ear.
"I dont know what you mean."she said.
"I mean, if life is a lesson..."
"Yes" she said.
"And if you learn how to be better with living."
"Yes" she said.
"What's the point if once you've  learnt how to live which takes a life time.. you just die. It seems a bit of a pointless lesson, more favoured to those who played truant."
My other ear seemed to be in question as a target.
"You mean rebirth ?"she questioned 
"I don't know" I replied , "what do you think?"
"I'm not sure about that" she said.
"Are you a catholic?" I asked.
"Yes" she said.
"Well then rebirth isn't on the menu, but the heaven and hell thingy is, so that's probably the point."
"I don't believe in heaven or hell, my parents were Catholics ... I'm more spiritual." She said.
"But then what's the point of the lesson of life, if you get to learning what you need to know about life.. Who set the lesson, why, and what happens if you study well,  get full marks as a good human being,  only to graduate to oblivion."

My haircut isn't so good at the moment, but that was my full responsibility for diverting a hairdressers attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment