Thursday 8 March 2012

ONE OF THE GREATEST THINGS

One of the greatest things for me about this project is the fantastic people I meet, who, I would otherwise never come into contact with. Starting a project that has the potential to be so big can feel like a huge responsibility, not only to the people I meet who deserve to be given the best possible chance to succeed, but also those wonderful individuals that are prepared to give so much back to help others. The ultimate goal is to create a mentoring organisation for people of all ages, providing all the essential life skills that I would say, had I known when I was seventeen, I would have been more intolerable than I was anyway. Tonight we held a small meeting for presenters, coaches and participants to have a look at the project and see if they liked the idea. Whilst every event I run is always met with a certain degree of understandable trepidation by the new individuals who attend, I always hope that they take from the meeting some good feelings and benefit, and just possibly some of the subjects I talk about resonate with them enough to want to find out more or get involved with the project. This period of growth is not about numbers, yes I would love to find my 100 partners in this enterprise as quickly as possible, but it's about finding people with their hearts in the right place who genuinely want to make a difference in their own lives as well as others. That doesn't mean the project is exclusive, on the contrary, whilst  some people would like success, some people would like  money, and  some people would like to make a difference,  the process that I use to select the right people for the project, is to rely on the law of attraction to find people who have similar values and ambitions. The process works, as again and again I meet the people I need to make this project a success. One of the most important lessons to learn in the world of success, is you are only as good as the people you surround yourself with.  To build a successful operation, the foundations have to be well selected, and in all businesses the most important foundations are the people at it's heart, it's a lesson I learned along time ago, and one I cannot afford to compromise on. Therefore, I actively try to subtly dissuade people to determine their potential commitment, this after all is not just my cause, but an important one  for every participant I will be working with, who will be relying on my judgement in not only the strategy I employ to reach our goal, but also to protect the fledgling venture in these early stages.  Even so, I am always disappointed that the project is sometimes rejected out of hand. Whilst I know you cannot please all the people all the time, the instinct that provided the basis of my own success was always the relentless  belief... I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment