Monday 12 March 2012

DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER

Diamonds are a girls best friend.

A friend of mine had the arduous task of separating gold from high quality synthetic diamonds, when a jewellery manufacturer went out of business with a few million pounds worth of stock. The gold needed to be melted down, so the spangles needed to be removed first. The result was more than an eye full of ice that looked very, very real.

Looking at the sparkling hoard I had an idea to recreate some parallels to a famous speach by Russsell H Conwell, 'Acres of Diamonds' in which he recounted a series of stories about individuals who had literally touched or stepped over millions of dollars in wealth every day, never to see the wealth under their very noses, because they were too wrapped up in the struggle of life to see the answers to all their problems lying in front of them. It's an inspirational, and motivational speech, and the pile of fake diamonds gave me an idea.

So today, as I was waiting for a train I strategically placed the largest of the faux diamonds on the floor in the sunlight, at the exact point where travellers would look down to take the step. To me the diamonds stood out like you would not believe glinting in the sunlight, sometimes individually  or in a group, I tried to see how many people noticed the potential wealth at their feet. Now I've seen some sparkly  ice on rings in my time, and had the pleasure of giving a 40k engagement ring once, (the relationship didn't mature into a marriage  and the ring painfully disappeared along with it) so I'm familiar with the look and feel of large diamonds, and diamonds do fall out of rings from time to time, so these could be the real thing, no problem. Even as synthetics they are  worth a few quid in their own right as some eye candy, so definitely  worth a stoop to recover.

So I was eager to see whether my intrepid travellers would have their eyes open or fixed on catching a train. People walked right up to the stones their feet maybe one inch from them, their eyes I'm sure looking right at the gems, but again and again they failed to see the prize on the floor right in front of them. The fact is people cannot see opportunity, even when it is bright as day and sitting there sparking at their feet.

 Its a kind of blindness we all suffer, only seeing what we expect or want. The brain deletes so much information so we can attend to every day tasks, that often the exact things we would love to find are excluded from our vision, simply because we program our minds to only see what is relevant to our lives, we actually make our everyday our everyday.

The opportunity I offer individuals with this program is exactly the same. The cost of the Partnership and course is £100. The first hundred to work with me get a 50pence share of all courses sold. That means, if together we reach our goal they stand to make 10k from the £100. Not a bad return I'd say, but let's look at worst case, they get a course for 24 weeks with everything I put into my intensive exec mentoring program that I charge 2k for. On top of that they get all the NLP techniques and hypnosis thrown in, plus the law of attraction, business and entrepreneurial secrets as well. The influence and persuasion training is usually charged out at £500 for two days,  Plus 85 % of every £100 is given to those involved.

That's the deal for £100, and its only there because I need to work with some like minded, highly motivated, entrepreneurial individuals, so I'm in the business of growing my own as I have no chance of recruiting them. Try putting an add in the paper for someone who is a self confident, motivated individual, with extensive entrepreneurial acumen, a complete understanding of business management, a master influencer who can train others, an excellent public speaker and  negotiator, with a good knowledge of NLP and hypnosis, who can strategise as well as coach and mentor with a firm understanding and ability to use the law of attraction, and see how many responses you get. So the only way to get the people I want is to give them all the knowledge I have on an intensive course to bring them up to speed, so this venture can move forward at lighting speed. 

When I interview people, one to one or at seminars, I'm interested in what they have to bring to the table. What is it from the long list above, they offer this enterprise, what is their value. You see the one single question that drives humanity is 'what's in it for me?' Now there's plenty in this for any one who can see the diamonds on the floor, and when people ask me how I select people to work with its plain and simple to see, I'm looking for those who do see, without me having to point everything out. Not experience or expertise in all these areas, just people who can see by retaining the experience and the expertise I'm looking for, they would be of value to me, and to notice, having the expertise would actually be of value to them.

It's being able to see opportunity and pick it up, that is one of the main threads which underpins this whole exercise, and one that is probably the most difficult for people to grasp. Can you see opportunity? Can you pick it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment