Sunday 19 February 2012

SECOND CRASH TEST

Undeterred, I put my thinking cap on and go to bed where my applicants receive such inspiration. I'm going to be creating a documentary so I'll talk to the camera crew I have in mind and the director. No joy, down to me again as the producer. Ok, think, what's the fist rule of business, don't do nothing, and the second do it with people who believe in the same goals... Don't currently know of any of those .. So where to get a team of people who are enthusiastic , open for a challenge, creative and want fame and fortune. I consult my erstwhile long suffering unpaid assistant from time to time Brett. StarNow he says, there's people who want some of those things. 
It's an idea but I want people who want success really, not who just say they want success and want you to give it to them in a box with a basic. Real go getters who are full of positive energy and open minds, ready to try new things and go against the flow. Does that kind of person really exist?

Ok, so I devise an exercise specifically to find people who won't waste my time telling me what I want to hear, nor moaning about everything and telling me what I don't want to hear. It's going to have to be a bit brutal with no guarantees of success.

I had another plan based around the coaching skills and course I ran for executives. Some years ago I tested the water with training business coaches, so I adapt the coaching course to combine Personal and Business development programs I had created, that involve the three powers that you need to combine to allow you to to start to influence the universe, to give you what you want, (you may know the Secret and the law of attraction). The trouble with these works, is whilst they lead you to adopting a more positive attitude, most people become disillusioned with the results over time. Let's say the universe listens to you and gives you what you want, one day handbags, the next, shoes, the next a new boss, a car , a gin and tonic, it's not surprising that a lack of constant focus cases a lack of result. One of the hardest things,  is to undo the negative conditioning and random unfocused thinking we do and really train your mind to create and achieve. 

As I mentioned, I've made a career out of guiding people to success, but that was for people who usually paid me a reasonable fee for doing so, CEO's who could afford it as a series of five sessions with me is £1500 and a mentored course 3-5000. 

So I had to adapt all the information I have on the three powers of influence ( over yourself and others) self belief ( in yourself and the confidence to take action)and understanding ( what influences you from within and without) condense it and make a product that is based around a book that  still retains the power of my exec courses, as well as an inherent structure to give the reader a method to actually apply the knowledge and make money. Well there's a thing.

 All too often, I've been to seminars like Paul NLP that build up the audience with enthusiasm, but no organised substance or methodology to take it further, no reward or business structure other than 'come and pay me and I'll enthuse you some more.' It's legalised drugs .. Endorphins that they sell, and the more you go the more you want that good old high again. I remember at a Paul NLP seminar where people were asking me what was going on when somebody had ducked off to sell his tapes on QVC after we paid £1000. I think I knew what was going on, especially when I heard Paul say the greatest sales line I have ever heard. 
'you may not understand what we are telling you, but we have planted in your subconscious mind resources that you may not know are there, but at a time  and a place in 6 days , 6 weeks or 6 months when you need them they will be there.'

Whatever happened, I never found mine.

My focus has always been giving people the tools to be a success. Buying a book on success is not quite as good as doing a course to change your mental approach, which again is not as good as having a method built in to use the information to achieve. So that's the product I decided to see if average people whatever their background or experience, would actually come on board with. I also relaxed my rules about disclosure so I would at least explain the underlying documentary. Whatever happened, I would still gain valuable material and feed back about success and what holds people back, as ultimately to get the show put forward  for Channel four or the like, we need background material. Success breeds success and without other people you go no where. 

Here's the ad
CRASH TEST DUMMIES REQUIRED
DO YOU WANT SUCCESS OR WILL YOU CRASH OUT
Do you want to be rich and successful, do you think you can learn how to adopt 'advanced mental thinking' to get there! We are looking people for a preliminary experimental research project for a TV documentary to see if people can adopt a mental approach that attracts money and success  into their lives. Background or education is unimportant although you will be required to have good reading and verbal skills. We are looking to see if people can enhance their confidence and communication abilities and well as attract money and opportunity by conditioning the mind for success and testing the law of attraction. We aim to see if money and success is down to luck, intelligence, courage or something more.

The project has a potentially high profit element for participants who don't crash out. The more success you have the more money you will attract, so how much you make will depend on how attractive you become  for money to live with and success to like. So if your not rich or successful now ask yourself why, is it you, lack of opportunity or just bad luck and then ask yourself what you would do to get what you want....don't just dream about success, think it into reality,  prove to the world you are a star and your worth every penny. You have to believe in yourself first to take part.

For most people life is like a crash test dummy, out of control, no brakes and now way of knowing when your going to hit the wall. 

The first choice  is to apply or crash out now, for you the experiment has already started. 

"To be a CT dummy or not to be a CT dummy, that is the question"
William Shakespeare 1616


The net is caste and I wait for the fish. Over ten days we have 1000 ad views, with 90 applications. Ok now to weed out the wannabes applying for everything. Heres the response:


Thank you for your application and interest in Crash Test Dummies. 

As we explained in the advert on Star Now, we are conducting pre production documentary  research into the power of the mind to adopt thought patterns and skills, that can have a demonstrable affect on how much success and wealth is achieved by the  individuals who participate.

Our research has shown whilst most people say they would like wealth and success, many do not take the required action to achieve their stated goals, based on subconscious conditioning undermining their behaviour. On average 90% of people do not take opportunity when presented with it, a statistic born out by not only the Star Now response of 1000 views to 94 applications, but also other advertising we have run nationally for this project.

Therefore, you are to be congratulated on representing the 10% of the population more likely to achieve success. This however is just the start and in no way forms any guarantee  of success. The conscious reasons you applied may have been from a genuine interest in the power of the mind, a casual liking for the idea or indeed a blanket approach to applying for everything, either way, all who viewed had the same choice as you, but the difference  was a subconscious direction away or towards our program.

Ultimately your approach to life is going to determine just how much success or wealth you achieve. Many people fear failure and resent wealth and in so doing alienate both entities from entering their lives. There is also the ability of the individual to influence their own state, the states of others and potentially what opportunity  the universe  will provide. In essence it is the capability to develop, see and act on opportunity that makes the difference, skills that are unfortunately not taught at school, college or university yet remain the key to success all the entrepreneurs we have modelled retain. This is not luck, but ones attitude to the concept of luck. The question is, how many people given the choice are committed to achieving their goals enough to take affirmative action in their accomplishment, rather than sitting back and waiting for life to cut them what they perceive as their right break to success, a method that is without doubt statistically highly unlikely to work, given the relatively low number of wealthy and successful people in the world. 

Now you will need to make another fairly easy  decision which will form part of a series of harder choices that take you further towards success and wealth or crash out. We will be holding the next stage of our process in the London area over the coming week  in Finsbury Square EC2 therefore should you wish to continue please respond by return and we will confirm the details for you within 24 hours. Alternatively if you take this opportunity to crash out of the program, we wish you every success. The choice is yours.

'To be or not to be, a successful crash test dummy, that is the question?'

Fifty  percent, crash out leaving 45 to book. I use the Master Gunner again as Lisa is still happy to let me use the venue, bless her cotton socks. Hopefully, the older average age of 30 will give her some paying customers this time. I know the address might put a few off as a pub is not the ideal venue, but the budget is tight as no money in yet and the venue is set for the day before Valentines day.

The weekend before I'm due to host a sales presentation for a language school franchise for a friend, he cancels because of the weather, things look shaky on shows but fingers crossed.

The day comes, 17 show, Brett doesn't with women's troubles, his not a woman, but he has an awful lot of trouble with them. So now from one thousand pairs of eyes we are down to 17, but out of these I need to find those special few that I can build with. It's a tall order again but who said making a million was easy, the method I have in mind is actually very easy but getting the people to have the mental approach to accept it is going to be a little harder.

The seminar lasts for one hour twenty minutes, with a group of enthusiastic and reserved individuals. The primary question is what do they think of success, money, and manipulation?
Success as usual is based by some firmly away from the money issue, as is fairly typical in these sorts of groups, but funnily enough not when I'm addressing business or executives in seminars. There is undeniably a rejection of money by many of the individuals even though the original add requested people who would like success and to be rich.

Of course success in a relationship I would say beats everything, but having a little money does make life so much easier.

'Money can't buy you love, but it will buy you a car, a boat and a big house which will buy you all the love you want'

I always say I'd rather be rich and depressed than poor and depressed, that is if your going to be depressed anyway. Success for some people is keeping breathing if you really want to get down to it, although in truth we could all be thankful for that, but for the purposes of what I need to get the million, or rather the route to it, I need people who are prepared to accept that they may be not as successful on the financial front possibly because of their current attitude to money.

I ask the question 'How many people think the route to all evil is money?' pretty well a full house. 'Maybe I suggest, if you had more money, you might find more freedom to do the things you want, how would that be? Maybe if you had more money you could do more to help your fellow man or the planet, whatever floats your boat. Maybe it's the behaviour in some people that is really the problem." some concede.

I take it further "maybe by rejecting money in your thought patterns as aligned with evil, you are rejecting it from entering your life." One young man accepts the inconsistency in his mind maybe working against him.

I've got to say things were not looking hopeful as there was a resistance to the subject out of sceptiscm or lack of explanation on the project, but I am confined by my own rules of disclosure. I need to find out who is there for the TV appearance side, and who genuinely wants to search for success, and be rewarded in the financial sense.

So after potentially opening a few minds to the possibility of adopting a new approach I suggest my alternatives to find out who would like to really try and be a success.
1. Listen to classical music
2. Do a 24 week course ( the one that I gave may Exec coaching clients)
3. Go for the big one and do a £100 to £1000000 challenge on the same terms as me all be it following in my footsteps, although they don't know I'm already doing it.

I ask them to think about it over night.

To be honest I wasn't sure who was and wasn't keen as everyone always smiles and says nice things although one young man stepped up to shake my hand, thank me for an inspiring talk and introduce himself, a fellow called Jorge.

So I left, with my thinking cap again firmly on my head to see how I could move further forward.

"If you find Money you are rich, if you find health you are fortunate, if you find love you are blessed with all the riches and fortune life can offer" My Epitaph.

No comments:

Post a Comment