Sunday 19 February 2012

MILLION DOLLAR MAN - THE ORIGINS

One Hundred  One Million One year
 Thats my challenge for 2012

Why, well one million is as good a reason as any, but also I just wanted to do something different. The last year or two actually, I'd spent writing books with a view to getting them published someday. Fiction, humour, personal development, business development were my subject matter, but this time I fancied writing something that was a little more real, something I could blog potentially into another book, make a documentary about that has some degree of interaction.

New Year 2012 turned with my savings completely depleted after writing with no income. The prospect of finding a literary agent or publisher immediately didn't look good, as the submissions process was to say the least problematic with the chances of any of my manuscripts landing up under the right nose very slim, more likely in the bin. JK Rowling wrote to two agents, to be picked up by the second only because the office manager pulled her first three chapters out of the bin.

I'm not a JK Rowling, wrong sex to start with, and as Im dyslexic writing with all the bits people love to pick out...errors... is very onerous (I apologise in advance to those people who only see the errors in my writing rather than read the actual point of the words I try to string into coherent sentences), but nothing ventured nothing gained. You see the problem is unless you're a known author, you're a risk as you have no Market. And with current technology creating digital books, understandably publishers are more focused on a sure thing than ever before, than taking a risk on an unknown author. But, whatever the hurdles, you just have to keep going, even when your a hopeless dyslexic trying to write books. Maybe that's the reason I keep going on with what I do, I just can't see the error in my ways and every idea looks perfect. I worked consulting in a dyslexia organisation for a period (there's an example of the inmate running the asylum) and it's amazing how a disadvantage in one area, leads to massive advantages in others. For example many entrepreneurs are dyslexic; growing up with a constant need to find ways around the problem to keep up with those who don't, gives you the added advantage that your good at seeing angles, overcoming hurdles and continue to want to win. Obviously these are generalised observations, but it is strange how some top achievers success can be traced back to bad spelling and gramma, so Im thankful for mine.

Talking of ideas, let's get back to 1H1Y1M. It's a project I've had in the back of my mind for a while. It's not an easy ask and that's why I like it, and maybe it's impossible, I'll tell you that at the end of the year but it will be fun trying. So what makes me qualified to ever think it's possible? Well I don't think there is a specific college course that covers it, maybe entrepreneurialism, self belief and some creative instinct. On those three I guess I have a little more than the average person, but no more than anyone could have if they wanted to. You see, I've always been of the firm belief that you are responsible for your own world in the way you think and approach life, and what you give out you attract, the law off attraction if you like. During my career I've been fortunate to work with a range of entrepreneurs and rogues who for one reason or another made money. One made over 70 million in drugs, but he is now in Rugby prison, so not the best way. Another made millions in organised fraud with luxury cars, but then spent 3 years at her majesties pleasure, only to come out and make forty million pound property portfolio legally, then to loose the lot again with the crash. Another, on the other hand, put together the most successful UK property club in the boom and turned over a billion in six years, which is not bad going from scratch, and now lives in Switzerland.

There are reasons for why people succeed, consistency is a start, communication skills another, contacts would be useful, and of course a good slice of confidence. Luck is an ingredient in the cake of success you should never underestimate, but the next question is do you make your own luck or attract misfortune? Many people have sought the key to success and wealth through modelling others, Napoleon Hill for example, but the majority of time from my own observation, why an individual elevated him or herself from the majority, was a confluence of unique events that were unrepeatable. Also the right team at the right time was a primary key. By no means finally, the ability to take risks and decisions and go potentially where no man has gone before, even though everybody else says you're wrong.

So as you may appreciate, I've looked into the science of getting rich and success based thought patterns quite deeply, and before you run off saying I'm fixed on money and greed, I'll say to you your completely wrong. My life has for the majority of time been spent taking choices that actually led away from money, I guarantee you more than anyone you know, although I made considerable sums, these were not for the reasons of obtaining more of the crinkly stuff, but out of the pain of rejection. You see why people do things isn't as simple as most people might think and for the majority they will say first and not even think later. So that brings me onto what stops everybody going out there and making money and why is making a million so difficult? Firstly, most of us are conditioned to reject money coming into our lives, me included. Secondly, many people resent the idea of other people having success over them. You might not like the facts, but facts they are, and as we will undoubtedly see the reasons this challenge may fail are because of my negative subconscious conditioning, and those I encounter along the way.

As a business and personal consultant I wrote a couple of supportive works called Money, Power, Sex(sorry there is no sex in it) to give to my clients so they had a point of reference for the conversations we entered into, as well as 24 week course they might wish to take. Primarily I've focused on my knowledge of my negative conditioning to unravel others so they can be released from the thought patterns that held them back. The program focused around the power of self belief, the power of understanding, and the power of influence. So as you can see, I do have little background in the subject. But I never wanted to be a teacher per-say, so I've always been in the thick of the entrepreneurial action by choice.

So with this little task, the brief is simple, to take £100 and make it £1,000,000 in one year working within some strict guidelines I've set out for myself. The main one being to make the method accessible to anyone following on right behind rather than a one off luck coincidence that never happens again.

So other than the £100, what do I have at my disposal. I'm physically fit at the moment, other than a large spot on my nose and a dicky back sometimes. I could do with some Botox, the dentist and some other problems I'm not going to tell you about right now. I'm living in London and my rent is paid up till April.
I'm free to make my own decisions, not a slave to society or anyone else for that matter, and I write profusely, an ability I've developed only over the last few years, as prior to that it took me ten years to put a few pages together. What else is there, well over the years I've developed the ability to believe that I can do anything, but that's no different to anybody else if they wanted that skill. Now that doesn't mean I want to climb Everest, as I don't like the cold, and I'm not much into sky diving to show I can defy gravity, but gravity is definitely having an effect on my face these days.

Let me give you an example, about twelve years ago, a client said he would like to be able to draw but couldn't for whatever reason he thought. I did take an A level in art but failed with an E, and hadn't picked up a crayon or pencil for 30 years. So to prove a point, I rattled of a few drawings over a couple of weeks to show him how, if you want to, you can achieve anything you want, even fine art, the results are here so see what you think. He took up painting (not decorating) and produced some very nice work.










Now the point to this is for you to appreciate that it's just you that tells you what you can and can't do, and this is based on your conditioning... what you expect from yourself due to a number of influences that formed way back when and reinforced across your life. You'll feel your conditioning coming in when you feel regret for example, I won't go into the details but subconscious conditioning drives our actions in ways it's very difficult to realise, I'm writing this which is meaning one thing to my conditioning, and is potentially being received through the filter of your conditioning as a different message altogether. That is the problem with life, knowing yourself and knowing others, rather than putting up with and assuming conclusions... I'm this, or I'm that, I can't do this, so that means there's no way you can either!!

No comments:

Post a Comment