Monday 20 February 2012

BLOG RELEASE : TIME TO GET SHOT OR NOT

Ok there you have it the release of the blog to bring you up to speed on the last two months. The next job is to send the link to all of the enthusiastic people I met at the last seminar and see what their posts and responses are, and more importantly, if they wish to continue. You see, I like the people I deal with to know what's involved.

But that said, my wonderfully patient other half, explained to me yesterday that in the ballet world where she came from, the whip was employed to get things done and not explanation. She recounted how her ex ballet mistress had often when she was running a school explained the why's and the where's to her team of teachers only to be met with questions and alternatives, which she finally had to go against her character and pull the metaphorical whip out and use. It's my way or the highway.

This is all very well when you have slaves building pyramids, or people working on a salary, you have a whip of a sort real or not. But in this endeavour I need to put my ability to inspire motivate and lead up for scrutiny, people need to make their own choice to come in this on the same terms as me. They need to get value and an experience that will be potentially life changing, and I hope for me not wife changing if I make a mess of things.

You see we all have doubt, I'm not immune to that. I can hear all the voices that have ever said no to me in the past, you can't do this or that, all the school teachers who gave me bad grades and reviews, and the people who have across my career been more than a little naughty, and unsupportive. But God loves a trier, although sometimes I do get the feeling that some people don't because you are trying to break the mould, go against the flow, which makes them uncomfortable, uneasy and maybe just a little bit resentful. For many years my relations always told me when I was going through hard times 'why don't you go get a proper job'... Like the rest of us. Good question I've asked myself on many occasions when things got particularly bad, but to compromise your dreams is to deny yourself so I could never do that whatever the cost. I think you have to be true to you, it's difficult in this society to do especially when so many different people want different things for you and from you. You mother loves you and wants to protect you and that sometimes means from yourself, so you can understand that, but many people may want things from you that are not for your best interest, because if you take another route, not the norm, what does that say about them, are they wrong or do you think your better.

How many people would rejoice in your success? Not as many as you might think, because if you make it then that means that if they had tried, just maybe they could have too, which is not a good feeling. So by not trying we never fail. But in truth, there is no such thing as failure, just levels of success, and success is after all just the sum of all your failures.

No comments:

Post a Comment