Friday 13 July 2012

SECOND AUDITIONS

Its is sometimes strange to leave things to the power of the law of attraction, it still feels uncomfortable, like there's some conditioning in the background of my mind still playing its little program. The closest way I can think of to describe the feeling is when I couldn't swim as a child, and getting the confidence to take my feet of the floor and not drown was the uncomfortable step...or stroke. It's faith in the unknown..it's scary. But in this regard we are simply relying on fate or the universal consciousness  to provide the answers to all the questions asked, to provide the doors to success for the project. 

Over the last week I have been firmly focused on finding five lead male characters for the TV treatment. A reality show that uses actors to run a real business over twenty one days to make a million. The reason I'm using actors is simple. You only have to look at the level of contestant the Apprentice finds after all the auditions to realise with my limited budget  I have to take five individuals of rare skill to achieve the best for the project. As a one time actor I know the level of potential individuals in this industry. They have selected an alternative lifestyle based on pure self belief. Invariably well educated they have the capacity to take on a role immediately, living and breathing success. 

My second round of casting was today. The group I looked to at the first auditions are a very interesting selection of gentlemen in their own right, but what really is so weird is each of them actually possess the raw qualities of the roles I have in mind for each.

The five characters we all have in us, Front, Thinker, Solver, Fixer and Conscience, but there is always a tilt towards one or other part of the five faces. As I said strangely the group selected itself and possess the very characters I need. It is at times like these you feel a guiding hand, that rather than making one reassured, fills you with a sense of nervousness lest I'm wrong and fooling myself in seeing the patterns forming in front of me.  

This is exiting, this is a game, and I have to say clearly not of my making. The structure and form is a result of all the influences over the past few months being acted upon. Where I find myself now is I'm afraid not out of any preconceived plan, a notion yes, but the place I find myself in now is a result of messages given to me and the subconcious creative mind guiding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment